Saturday, July 2, 2011

Todays conversation

So, if I stay more than 365 days in Afghanistan, Congress says I am supposed to get extra money. That money isn't budgeted in, so they can't have anyone get it without having a big stink. So, they asked if I wanted to sign a voluntary waiver saying I would stay more than 365 days w/o being paid anything extra. Since I am paid monthly, and this would involve coming home late in september instead of early, I wouldn't get any extra pay, or any extra promotion incentives (because it is still in the same calender month). So.....I could stay here, for an extra three weeks, and get nothing for it at all. Basically because I am very good at my job, I would be punished by working an extra three weeks for free, while everyone else goes home on time. Should I mention, I have been in Afghanistran for 22 of the last 30 months already?
Yeah, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment