Saturday, July 2, 2011

Just so you know

Just so you know,
you outrank me today
because you have been in the Army for longer than I have.
And that's cool,
because there are things you know,
that I don't know.
But I'm not going to be this rank for long.
And pretty soon, I'm going to run into you again.
And we'll be the same rank.
And you'll be confused.
And pretty soon after that, I'm going to run into you again.
And I'll be a higher rank than you.
And you'll get mad.
And think "Boy, he must suck dick a lot to get promoted fast!".
But you're just lying to yourself.
Because I'm not a political person.
I don't fucking like you, I don't like your fucking boss, and I'm not going
to play stupid politics.
So, when I get promoted, it's all fucking talent and accomplishment.
I get promoted when I am so fucking amazing that they can't ignore me.
So lie to yourself.
I don't mind.
Because you are a fucking amateur.
I did things before I joined the Army
that were far harder
than anything you have ever done
or ever will do.
When I joined, you would say:
"Hah, I've been deployed"
You don't say that any longer: I've done that.
When I joined, you would say:
"Hah, I've been in combat"
You don't say that any longer: I've done that.
When I joined, you would say:
"Hah, I've been blown up"
You don't say that any longer: I've done that.
I've known it all along, but you'll come to know it too:
I'm made of harder stuff than you are,
and I'm made of harder stuff than you can even imagine.
And when I joined, I had just gone through some of the worst shit
I have ever heard of, and I was sucking pretty bad.
But I've had a little bit of time to recover.
And I'm feeling a lot more like the old me.
And I'm feeling a lot more like I can take on anything
that anyone can throw at me.
So, bring it on,
because next time we meet, you'll be working for me,
if you're good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment