Wednesday, December 8, 2010

November 20, 2010

There's this dream I've been having.
First, though I have to tell you some stuff.
Last year, I was in Afghanistan. And I came home for a two week R&R break.
And when people saw me, I'd tell them "I'm in Afghanistan, I'm just on leave"
It was kind of a joke.
Kind of a short hand.
Kind of.
See, I've been having this dream.
Each time, most of the dream is different.
But each time, I'm in America.
Some times I'm on leave.
Some times I'm about to deploy.
And I tell people
"I'm in Afghanistan"
And it's like what I said last year, when I was on leave.
And maybe you could say that it's my sleepy mind,
telling me that I'm in Afghanistan, and dreaming it.
Or you could say what the guy down the hall says,
that I dream of the states because I haven't accepted that
I'm back in AFghanistan.
But I dont think thats it.
I dont think I ever left Afghanistan.
I dont think I ever came home.
I think it was all a dream, and I'm here.
In afghanistan.
Just like I said all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment