Wednesday, March 30, 2011

sex

Sex.
Sex is communication.
Two people, grappling with their mortality.
What do we tell each other?


"see me"
"feel me"
"hear me"
"tell me I am real"
"tell me you want me"
"tell me i am important"
"let me deface you"
"let me hurt you"
"let me defile you"
"I want to do things to you"
"I want you to do things to me"
"let me make you my thing, so i can feel good about myself,
so that I can feel powerful"
"i am weak, make me feel strong"
"notice me"
"love me"


"I see you."
"I feel you."
"you are important"
"you are special"
"I respect you"
"I am paying attention to you"
"I want you"
"I want to do things with you"
"I want to be with you"
"I want to be happy with you"
"I want for us to be together"
"I want us to be one"
"I love you"


So many things we can tell each other. So many things we want,
we expect, we hope for, we dream of.
And, oddly, enough, we almost never honestly tell people what
we want, what we expect or hope for. We are rarely enough
honest even with ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment